Through the Family and Faith program, parents – as the first educators of their children – are invited into a deeper and more intimate relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.
At St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School Mortlake, we support our families by providing them with meaningful faith opportunities to come together and grow as a community in relationship with God. Our wonderful Family and Faith Educator regularly supports and communicates with our parents and carers through a variety of initiatives and experiences.
Our Family and Faith Educator facilitates, leads and supports our community in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Playgroup and Toddler Tales- a program to support current and future parents in our community
- Blessing Meals- an initiative to support those in need in our school and parish community by providing home cooked meals
- Camp Cooinda – an annual Winter sleepout with a focus on homelessness and men’s mental health
- Parent education and support workshops in collaboration with our Parish Priest
- Parent workshops to support community celebrations or events- bracelet making, cookie decorating, HSC support gifts, prayer card making, Mother’s Day & Father’s Day breakfasts and stalls
- Providing contacts to support via Vinnies or Catholic Care
- Vinnies Night Patrol
In addition to these activities and opportunities, all families begin by receiving a special Family and Faith box, in which they can store any take home activities which focus on strengthening family prayer life and reconnecting with their faith. These take home initiatives often include activities for the whole family to help deepen knowledge of the Catholic faith. All faith denominations are also welcome through the Family and Faith program at St Patrick’s.